Thursday, March 18, 2010

Tutorials and Art Shows


Recently, I have been occupied with book illustration deadlines and the odd new website construction, but as we all know, May is coming, and thus Art Show season gets into full swing. There's really no better way to get in touch with your inner gypsy than being at an art show - so if you have the chance to throw up a table, I highly recommend it. Or else, face gypsy curse! Mua-ha-ha-ha-ha!

There is only 1 kurfuffle* I have with art shows, and that is, as I view it anyway, the unholy fees for entering. You need nothing less upfront, for some of these shows, than the GDP of Brazil! It can be quite frustrating, especially if you're starting out, and there is always an abundant of talent out there that deserves to be seen. I ask, general public, if you were to see a concert, you wouldn't expect them to charge the orchestra and let the audience in free? Same goes for a movie or a play, readings, ballet, etc.... lame. But I digress; *hops off my soap box*

Sooooo... there have been a few updates over at the site, 4 Dog Arts , including 2 new pieces now available. Hope on over and see! K? Thanks!


*this is a family friendly blog, g*$%^@!

No comments: