Thursday, July 1, 2010

that stings. Oh, and there's art show 4th of July.


I suppose it was bound to happen, but rejection has finally hit the studio. Revisions for book illustrations are nothing new, but it's the first time I've been rejected twice. *shrug* There's always a learning curve.

Going to attend more than 2 art shows this year - a number of which are outside. I enjoy taking the art outdoors, but then again, when I think phenomenal, original paintings... the first thing that comes to mind is not hanging it in the park. So long as it's not terribly windy this weekend, we're set!

In between all of that, there are couple book projects keeping me busy, traditional illustrations, sooooo fun, but gaaaaa... it takes so much longer than digital. ha ha.

Pekin Art Show was epic! And this hobbit-inspired painting was my hero for the weekend. Thanks to patrons and art appreciators alike who turned out, despite the weather, and made for a great time. Happy Independence Day everybody!

No comments: